Delight In With The Ultimate Gastronomic Tour Through Peru
Peru has firmly established itself as a culinary destination, with the capital, Lima, at the centre of this movement.
In the last years Peruvian cuisine has become internationally popular in many major cities. A great example of this trend is LIMA London, the pioneers of London’s Peruvian scene who now count with two critically acclaimed restaurants in the capital. LIMA London was founded by Jose-Luis and Gabriel Gonzalez with world-famous Peruvian chef, Virgilio Martinez, the man behind Lima’s famous Central restaurant. Now, Jacada Travel, the award-winning luxury travel company and LIMA London have joined forces to create the ultimate Peru farm-to-table gastronomic tour with special behind the scenes access to leading culinary destinations in Lima, Ica and Paracas.
Day 1 (Lima arrival)
- Arrival from London in the evening and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2 (Lima)
- Visit food market with a culinary expert tour guide, followed by lunch at La Picanteria (meet the Chef or Owner of La Picanteria subject to schedule).
- Afternoon city tour with tour guide and refreshment stop at the oldest bar in Lima (Cordano).
- Dinner at Central Restaurant. As the No.1 restaurant in Latin America, will be in for a gastronomic treat unlike any others they have experienced before.
Day 3 (Lima)
- Early morning visit to Lima Fish Market in Villa Maria del Triunfo.
- Visit Pachacamac (which hosts one of the largest and most important archaeological sites in Peru) followed by a visit to one of Jacada Travel’s favourite orchards. and enjoy an organic farm-to-table lunch made by the orchard owners (Full Day Experience with Culinary Expert Marisol).
- Dinner at Maido Restaurant (One of the World’s top 50 restaurants).
Day 4 (Lima-Ica):
- Depart Lima in the morning.
- Transfer to Hacienda La Caravedo, home to the oldest distillery in the Americas (est. in 1684) and the Pisco Porton bodega. Master distiller and Porton owner Johnny Schuler will personally unravel the mysteries and complexities that are normally kept locked away behind the walls of the famous distillery.
- A la carte dinner at the Hacienda.
Day 5 (Ica)
- Full day emerging into Pisco at the Hacienda Caravedo (including horseback ride to the vineyards and introduction to the Pisco making process).
- Local farm-to-table 3-course lunch in the vineyards followed by a Pisco tasting session.
- A la carte dinner at the Hacienda.
Day 6 (Ica-Paracas – Lima)
- Breakfast at the hotel followed by transfer to Pisco airport for a flight over the Nazca lines.
- Return to Lima by private transport with a lunch at Cevicheria by the Ocean.
- Afternoon and dinner at leisure.
Day 7 (Lima – Departure)
- Morning at leisure.
- Transfer to Isolina for lunch.
- Visit to Barranco District with a stopover at Tostaduria Bissetti for coffee.
- Evening transport to airport for departure.
Additional Six Days Inca Adventure
The Inca culture is the most significant part of history to Peru, if not to South America. The six days Inca Adventure brings guests to three destinations: Cusco, the capital of the Incan Empire; The Sacred Valley, a base of Inca civilization and historically significant to Peru; Machu Picchu, a New Seven Wonder of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Jacada Travel also offers handpicked Jacada Signature properties, renowned for excellence in personalised service and luxury, allowing Jacada guests to enjoy exclusive privileges.
Day 8 to 10 (The Sacred Valley)
- Two days touring The Sacred Valley exploring the incredible scenery and experience the rich culture and history of Peru by seeing Ollantaytambo and Maros and Moray.
- Hotel: Tambo Del Inka (Deluxe Room).
Day 10 to 11 (Machu Picchu)
- Comprehensive tour with a private guide to learn about the history, significance and myths as well as visiting the hidden corners and best sites of the Machu Picchu citadel.
- Jacada Signature Property: Sanctuary Lodge (Deluxe Room).
- Exclusive Offers: Complimentary Pisco tasting session upon new reservation.
Day 11 to 13 (Cusco)
- Enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage site with Jacada Travel’s top private guides and wrap up with another amazing culinary journey at Cusco at a restaurant selected by Jacada Travel.
- Jacada Signature Property: Hotel Palacio Nazarenas (Junior Suite Room).
- Exclusive Offers: Complimentary 30 minute massage and an upgrade to the Z Collection subject to availability at the time of check-in.