Interview with ADAM HUBER | Embracing The World of Endless Possibilities
We live in a physical world that we experience with tangible senses, sometimes forgetting that this world is created by the unseen vibrational and emotional realm within ourselves. If we want our experience of the world to change, we might have to start by changing what we think and feel about ourselves and others. The way we experience life is a reflection of our inner state of being.
All our desires can be fulfilled in its full manifestation as long as we don’t contradict what we want by arguing for our own limitations. When our faith meets expectations, good things come to us and physically appear in our existence.
Actor Adam Huber who can be seen as Liam Ridley on the CW series DYNASTY, says: “You are the captain of your own ship. The world is full of endless possibilities.”
In this inspiring interview with Adam, you will enjoy discovering his journey to his life aspirations and the love and passion for acting.
- Please introduce yourself briefly. Who, in your own words, is Adam Huber?
Hi. My name is Adam Huber. I’m just a small-town guy from Pennsylvania trying to make his dreams of making it in Hollywood come true. I am an actor, and I’m currently on the show DYNASTY, which airs on CW Friday nights at 9 pm.
- The entertainment industry and acting is your passion. What aspects of this craft fascinates you most, and why?
I love the whole creative aspect of it. It’s amazing watching the whole production being put together. From the writers putting words to paper. To the casting director’s job. To all the actors and the work, they put into their characters. To the people that build the sets. The camera crew. The post-production crew. There is so much behind-the-scenes stuff that people don’t know about or see, and it’s truly amazing how all these people work together and bust their ass working very long 14+ hour days to make this world happen.
- As an actor, you have been to many auditions where you also experienced not getting the role you were aiming for. What is the biggest lesson these experiences gave you so far?
Easy, never give up. You have to be so relentless in this business. You have to have some thick skin. You will hear way more no’s then you do yes’s. Never quit. You can’t. If you quit. You gave up. You can’t book that next role if you give up.
- The storyline within the entertainment industry is becoming more and more diverse, and yet many of the popular shows from years ago are getting a reboot. Why do you think this is happening?
There is so much content out there right now with all the different streaming services it’s easy to make a reboot. These streaming services, like Netflix and Hulu, need content. And there were tons of great successful shows back in the day that the younger generation doesn’t know about. I feel they are just kind of taking those older shows and putting a present-day twist on it. I’m always down for a good reboot.
- On the CW’s modernized reboot series DYNASTY, you portray Liam Ridley, who is a journalist and heir to millions of one of the wealthiest families. How did you feel the connection with Liam during the process of becoming him?
I don’t think at the beginning the writers knew exactly who Liam was going to be yet. I don’t think anyone did. My character could have easily done only a couple of episodes, but the writers and viewers liked the connection Liam and Fallon had. So it was a slowly evolving process. And he’s very similar to me. Minus the fact, I’m not the heir to a bunch of money. He’s a pretty level headed guy. He tries to be the voice of reason. He comes from a crazy family as well, but he just wants to live this normal life. But he can’t escape the drama.
- On Season 2, Liam and Fallon Carrington finally officially got romantically together, and yet now Liam has amnesia. How would you describe the dynamics of the relationship between Liam and Fallon on Season 3?
Without giving too much away… it’s a rough road with them for a little while. You can’t tell which direction things are going to go. I do start to remember her and my memories slowly start to come back. I think it’s going to be a pretty rocky, windy road with them for a while. We are still filming and about halfway through the season, so I still don’t know exactly where things are going to go for them.
- Despite Liam’s family and the Carrington’s family craziness around him, he seems to be a good guy who is seeking to express himself creatively and experience the life he considers is best for him. How does Liam keep himself so grounded and genuinely kind?
He comes from a very big wealthy family. And also pretty crazy. When there is that much money and that much power, it’s just lies and untruthfulness all around the place. All of his aunts and uncles’ marriages were never easy or steady. His parents’ marriage was all over the place. He lived in a world growing up where it was full of greed, jealousy, lies, etc.. and told himself I don’t want that? No. I don’t want to be like them. It’s not worth it. Wouldn’t it be a better life if my family could actually get along and not fight all the time? So, I think he took on this role of, like I said, being the voice of reason. In the end, all of that drama isn’t worth it.
- Why does Laura Van Kirk, Liam’s mother, is so jealous of the relationship between him and Fallon?
Because we never had a good relationship. She would try to force me to date these girls that she wanted me to date. It was always about her. What she wanted. And I think she feels like she’s losing her son. And that scares her. Deep down, she loves me. She just doesn’t know how to show it.
- What thrills you most as an actor for being part of DYNASTY?
It’s super cool to be a part of the DYNASTY family. It was such a huge success back in the day. And it’s cool to play a character that wasn’t in the original. So I kinda get to have my own thing. And everyone from the cast to the crew is such a pleasure and joy to work with. I have made a lot of great new friends and co-workers being a part of this show that I will forever cherish.
- What have you learned about yourself since you have been part of the show?
I always doubted myself. I never thought I was ever going to be good enough to make it. But I’ve learned I’m right where I need to be. So never give up. Keep working hard.
- Are there any other exciting projects you are currently working on?
Currently, DYNASTY is the only thing I am working on at the moment. Hopefully, something will come through when we are on hiatus.
- How do your beliefs shape your own perception and in turn, affect the experience of your existence?
I believe everything happens for a reason. I was raised to treat people how you want to be treated. And to be kind and be a good person. It’s pretty plain and simple. I live my life through life’s rules. Love is so much more powerful than hate. Don’t get caught up in the small stuff. Enjoy your time here on earth. Some things aren’t worth the time and stressing about. Have great emotional relationships. Be interested in one another. Learn about people and their beliefs. Everyone is on a different journey and has a different story. We have to learn from one another so the world can be a great safe place to live in.
- The spirit of The Hedonist Magazine is The Essence of a Joyful Living. How does Joy during the creative process affect your own experience and in consequence, the final manifestation of your actions?
Working on something really hard and feeling good about the work you’ve put into it is so rewarding. Especially when you see the final product. You have to find joy in your work. If you don’t, you’re just going to be miserable. I enjoy writing in my character journal and creating background information for myself. Sometimes I surprise myself with the things I come up with. And when you work hard on something for hours on hours days on days, and you feel good about your work, the rest of your day is just that much easier. Finding joy in your work will affect your life. You don’t look at work as work. I’ve seen what hating your job does to people. I never wanted to hate my job.
- When you hear: You can be, do and have anything you want, words by Abraham Hicks. What is your take on such a statement?
WOW… what a great statement. You are the captain of your own ship. The world is full of endless possibilities. If you work hard, find joy in what you do, anything is possible. It’s all up to you. If you want something, you have to be the one to go after it and go get it. No one else is going to do it for you but yourself. If you take pride in yourself and what you did and anything is possible.