Interview with ALANNA UBACH | When I am in The Moment, I am Content and Relaxed
Being aware of how we think and feel, and therefore consciously leading our physical existence, we experience our life with joy and satisfaction. Whether we think about our past or future, we do so in the NOW. We might not be able to change our physical reality in a second but we can always make the decision and first step in the direction of change.
To do it efficiently, we are to shift our emotional reality that will take us to a better feeling state of being. There, in that place of feeling good is where the magic happens, when the change we desire is getting the momentum and we feel we start living fuller, more fulfilling version of ourselves while benefiting those who witness our transformation.
Actress Alanna Ubach, who can be seen as Suze Howard on HBO’s upcoming and highly anticipated series Euphoria, says, “Joy is infectious. It’s imperative to love what you do. And to be mindful in your everyday life. That seems to really help my work. When I’m mindful, I’m in the moment. And when I’m in the moment, I’m content and relaxed. That’s joy to me.”
In this interview with Allana, you will dive into her latest professional projects on TV and film, as well as her reflection about joy and empowerment.
- Please introduce yourself briefly. Who, in your own words, is Alanna Ubach?
Alanna Ubach LOVES people. The crazy sweet ones are my favorite!
- How would you describe your journey of embracing your passion for acting and pursuing it as a career?
It’s all I ever wanted to do. From the time I was three. I remember watching Annie and thinking, “Wow! That Miss Hannigan’s having a blast! I want what she’s having!”
- How does your faith in synergy with your beliefs have influenced your sense of success within the entertainment industry?
The business is the business. And it’s none of MY business! My business is to do the work. It’s all about the work and loving what you do. If I don’t love who I’m playing, then it never works. I simply stick to that!
- What are the most valuable lessons you feel you have learned through your experience in the industry so far?
Nothing is impossible if you have integrity and an amazing support team. Patience is also a virtue! That I lack! Lol!
- In HBO’s upcoming and highly anticipated series Euphoria, you are portraying Suze Howard, a mother to two girls who try to guide them as they come of age. How would you describe your emotional journey during the process of becoming your character?
Suze Howard is the mom that we all fell in love with as kids. She was fun and carefree and cool. However, in retrospect, you look back and think, “That Mrs. Howard was actually neglectful at times…probably clinically depressed.” I dedicate that role to the mothers I once knew.
- Suze’s daughters Cassie and Lexi, are played by Sydney Sweeney and Maude Apatow. How would you describe the dynamics between the three of you on set to manifest an intimate connection and make the characters believable?
That’s why Mary Vernieu is such a gifted casting director! We had never met before the first day of filming. We were three peas in a pod. And acutely aware of the fact that we were apart of something very unique and very important. Sam Levinson’s integrity is highly contagious!
- Euphoria reveals how society today is very different than ten-twenty years ago with the continuous expansion of technology and social media. Has working on the show give you any new insights or perspectives on that topic?
I have a two-year-old. I can only imagine what his teenage life will be like. All I can do is teach him to be aware of the fact that most mistakes can never be erased. Back when I was a teenager, I had so much confidence knowing that my mistakes were never recorded and thrown on the internet! It’s a breeding ground for a lot of danger if you don’t have a great sense of self. I can only hope my son has just that. A great sense of self. If you have that then social media will always seem small and silly and fun.
- On the new Fox series Filthy Rich which hits TV screens in 2020 play Yopi, Antonio’s (Benjamin Levy Aguilar) mother. How would you describe the relationship between Yopi and Antonio, and plans does she has for her son?
Yopi is a hustler who always has an angle. She wants only the best for her son. I certainly relate to her on a personal level! Talk about someone who uses her past mistakes to her advantage! I love playing her!
- From director Jay Roach, in the recently completed film Bombshell, which is set to premiere December 20th, 219, you star as Jeanine Pirro alongside Nicole Kidman, Margot Robbie, and Charlize Theron. How would you describe Jeanine and her role within the film’s storyline?
She’s the only woman who defends Roger Aisles which makes her somewhat of a villain in this film.
- Serena McGuire is the character you play on the film Legally Blonde & Legally Blonde 2, as well as on the third film’s sequel which will premier in 2020. How does Serena have evolved throughout the three parts of the film?
I haven’t the slightest idea who Serena becomes in LB3. The script is still in the works!
- Are there any humanitarian causes you support you would like to mention?
I’ve contributed to Meals on Wheels and the Brady Campaign.
- The spirit of The Hedonist Magazine is The Essence of a Joyful Living. How does Joy during the creative process affect your own experience and in consequence the final manifestation of your actions?
Joy is infectious. It’s imperative to love what you do. And to be mindful in your everyday life. That seems to really help my work. When I’m mindful, I’m in the moment. And when I’m in the moment, I’m content and relaxed. That’s joy to me.
- When you hear: You can be, do and have anything you want, words by Abraham Hicks. What is your take on such a statement?
It’s a powerful one because it’s true. It’s the advice I will give my son when he’s old enough to understand those words of wisdom.